WELCOME TO LEGALSPEAKS™
LegalSpeaks is a progressive blog covering legal justice, legal-political issues, local and national trials, Supreme Court cases at the intersection of race and gender. It is founded by “AV” rated Attorney Debbie Hines, a Washington, DC based trial lawyer and former Maryland prosecutor who has tried hundreds of cases in both local, state and federal courts across the country.
For over 15 years, Debbie Hines has consistently been awarded and honored with the “AV” peer review highest legal rating by Martindale-Hubbell for her preeminent legal ability and highest ethics. Reportedly, less than 10% of all attorneys and less than 5% women attorneys in the U.S. are recognized with the coveted “AV” rating of their peers.
Debbie Hines is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court, Maryland, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia. Her excellent legal analysis skills are present regularly in the court room and frequently on air in TV and radio interviews. She has appeared as a legal analyst or host on Arise TV, BET, C-Span, Fox 5 News, NBC 4, RT America, Sirius XM, Sky News, TV One with Roland Martin and WUSA 9, among others. In print, she has appeared in Essence Magazine, the Baltimore Sun and Washington Post, to name a few publications. In addition to her legal practice and on air legal analysis, she speaks before community groups, colleges and churches.
The opinions expressed on this site are not meant to be construed as legal advice. Please use the Contact tab to contact Attorney Debbie Hines for a media interview or to schedule a client appointment.
What’s New In The News
Debbie Hines’ Commentary on Michael Dunn verdict for killing of Jordan Davis on RT America with Thom Hartmann, The Big Picture show. “Florida’s License to Kill”
- Appear on television, speak on radio broadcasts, and published in national newspapers commenting on issues related to gender and race in law and politics including:
- political issues, voting rights, women’s rights, including reproductive rights
- Gun laws, civil rights and criminal matters
- Headline national and local trials, both criminal and non-criminal trials
- Supreme Court cases affecting race, gender and class
- Over 20 years experience as a trial lawyer and former prosecutor